Mike shared this in December:
“Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms”.James 5:13
Because of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross, we can pray directly to a God who listens and cares about all our needs, and express our emotions.
Below is a glimpse of Cornerstone’s life. Everyone is welcome, whether you have been coming for many years, a short time, or are new.
Service and prayer
Weekly Sunday services at 10.30, with communion on the 2nd and 4th Sundays.
We meet via Zoom every 2nd and 4th Sunday to pray together from 6pm to 6.45 pm.
Services at 10.30. We have communion on the 2nd and 4th Sundays.
There are toddler, children, and youth ministries during the service. On the first Sunday of the month, we all stay together for a family service and have a bring-and-share lunch after.
Men’s and Women’s Ministries
The men’s and women’s ministries return for 2024. There are many ways to engage, including:
- Use the Bible app in small groups to encourage each other.
- Interconnected with the point above, a buddy system to encourage accountability.
- Coming to the monthly breakfasts.
We will be studying One Another – A Guide for Strengthening God-Given Relationships – https://strivingtogether.com/products/one-another-study-guide
Men’s Ministry returns on Saturday, 13th January, for breakfast on Gloucester Road at 10 am. We start the series on the 10th of February. Join our WhatsApp Group for more details.
Keep on social media for updates on when the Women’s Ministry returns.
Bookings are now open for the women’s conference in Bristol (March 2nd) or Bath (March 23rd). We hope to have a small group of people going to this. The theme is “rest”, and Ellidh Cook will speak on the book of Ruth in the morning, with a selection of seminars available in the afternoon. https://bristolwomensconference.uk/
Students have always been an essential part of Cornerstone’s life. Every Sunday after the service, students come together to share food and have Bible study.
Homegroups return in January:
Monday evening via Zoom – Larry and Candice
Tuesday evening in person – Andrew and Pamela (Downend/Kingswood), and Alex and Agnelo (Filton)
Sunday pm monthly at church
Each evening, the groups follow a pattern of 2 Bible studies and one social per month.
On the 4th Tuesday of each month, homegroups are suspended to give time to prayer at Cornerstone from 7.30 to 8.30 pm.
We have several outreach projects:
- Cornerstone Playspace (Baby/Toddler Group) – 10.30 am to 12.00 pm Tuesday Mornings (6 weeks on, two weeks off).
- Kintsugi Wellbeing Group – we intermittently run the 12-week course, which explores different aspects of our mental and emotional health, what can lead to ill health, and what we can do to recover. If you would like to find out more, please get in contact.
- Money Coaching – we intermittently run a short course to empower you with the knowledge, tools, skills, tools, and confidence to manage your finances better. Anyone can benefit, and if you are interested, please get in touch.
Our Weekend away is planned for Friday, 12th, to Sunday, 14th of April 2024. It is a great time to spend together. More details will be coming out.
Connecting with Cornerstone
Everyone is welcome at Cornerstone.
You can listen to talks via castbox.fm and follow what is happening via social media.
If you would like to know more, email [email protected], and if you would like to come to a service, come and say hello! We would love to get to know you more.